Mon, Apr 05|
Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club
Green Dot Ball Match Play - Sunday April 11th (1)
Green Dot ball player. Regular format scoring will be used. Format for matches to be determined based on amount of players entered. Possibly timed matches
Time & Location
Apr 05, 2021, 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM EDT
Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club
About the Event
Summary (details are below)
- This match play is intended to benefit local players.
- It is not intended for regular USTA tournament players.
- Age groups are not being used for the different events. For example Green Dot ball players can be older than 11 years of age.
- Players will likely be placed in sub-divisions (eg 8 players based on their level of play). Each sub-division will be an individual event.
- The goal is for players to play a few matches during their event.
- Each event has limited spaces to ensure that we have the right number of players and subdivisions. If the event is full, we will try our best to open up another sub-division.
- Boys and girls will compete against each other in most events.
- We will contact you prior to the event with relevant details a few days before the match play event.
- Format is listed on each event but may be amended based on court availability.
- Deadline for entries is Sunday April 4th 2021.
- BG Tennis gives first refusal to players within the programs that have signed up for these events. The programs are BG Tennis programs and Arbor Greene.
- Players need to have the ability to play match play. Very young or inexperienced players need to be able to keep score and call their own lines with very limited supervision.
- BG Tennis will use a format of match play suitable for the level of player. It will also take into consideration the amount of courts available and supervision.
- BG Tennis intends to make all players / programs aware of the match play format ahead of time, so you get time to practice the format. We do however, reserve the right to make alterations based on circumstances that arise either before or during the event.
- BG Tennis intends to keep similar levels together and ensure fair competition amongst players.
- To register for an event, a player needs to go online to BGTennis.net and click Match Play. Pick correct event and complete Registration Information. They need to pay the $35 entry fee online and get an emailed receipt of successful registration. Leading up to event, players will receive information that they need to know.
- Before you enter and pay, please ensure you are able to play. No refunds or credits will be offered.
- Be aware that each event has been set up with an exact number, and any no-shows will have a negative knock on effect for all other players in that sub-division.
- If you are sick before or on the day of the event, please contact the organizer as soon as possible in case there are players on the wait list that can take your place.
- Weather may cause the cancelation of an event. We will use our best judgment on whether an event should go ahead or not. If we start an event, we will do everything possible to complete it.
- BG Tennis / SVB will notify players if an event is cancelled. Players should not make any assumptions that events have been cancelled unless informed by BG Tennis.
- If we do cancel, we will reschedule and your entry fee will be credited for the next event.
$35 Registration Fee