Sun, Apr 07|
Location is TBD
All Orange ball players. 2 formats. Higher level players serving ball (2 chances) into service boxes. Other groups feeding ball anywhere into singles court to start point. First to 12 points. Best of 3 sets. Change 'server' every 5 points. At 11-11 win by 2 clear points.
Time & Location
Apr 07, 2019, 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Location is TBD
About the Event
Summary (details are below)
- This match play is intended to benefit players in our programs.
- Age groups are not being used for the different events.
- Players will be placed in sub-divisions of 8 players based on their level of play. Each sub-division will be an individual event.
- The goal is for players to play 3 matches during their event. Each event will have an overall winner, runner up and consolation winner.
- Rankings from the previous event will be used to assign players. Organizers will use discretion when placing new players into sub-groups.
- Each event has limited spaces to ensure that we have the right number of players and subdivisions. If the event is full, we will try our best to open up another sub-division.
- Boys and girls will compete against each other in most events.
- We will contact you prior to the event to confirm exact location and other relevant details a few days before the match play event. See below for locations we will be using.
- Format is listed on each event but may be amended based on court availability.
- Deadline for entries in Saturday March 30th.
- This match play is intended for players that do not enter USTA tournaments.
- BG Tennis gives first refusal to players within the programs that have signed up for these events. If there is space, organizers may allow other players to sign up. The programs are BG Tennis programs, Arbor Greene program and Tampa Palms program.
- Players need to have the ability to play match play. Very young or inexperienced players need to be able to keep score and call their own lines with very limited supervision.
- The sites that we are planning to host at are Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club, Arbor Greene and The Ridge at Wiregrass Ranch. We may use courts at Estancia at Wiregrass and / or Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club and /or Hunters Green Golf & Country Club if the need arises.
- You will be informed a few days in advance which location you will be playing at. You will remain at this location for the duration of your event.
- BG Tennis will use a format of match play suitable for the level of player. It will also take into consideration the amount of courts available and supervision.
- BG Tennis intends to make all players / programs aware of the match play format ahead of time, so you get time to practice the format. We do however, reserve the right to make alterations based on circumstances that arise either before or during the event.
- BG Tennis intends to keep similar levels together and ensure fair competition amongst players.
- It is possible that each event will have a group that does not have 8 players. In this case we will arrange a different format of play.
- Following the first match play event, BG Tennis has produced rankings for each type of ball. Subsequent events will affect these rankings and players will be moved up or down based on their previous performance.
- If a player is unable to play in the next event, their ranking will be negatively affected.
- BG Tennis will adjust rankings as necessary in order to make things fair to all players.
- To register for an event, a player needs to go online to BGTennis.net and click Match Play. Pick correct event and complete Registration Information. They need to pay the $35 entry fee online and get an emailed receipt of successful registration. Leading up to event, players will receive information that they need to know. This includes exact location and time of event as well as format of match play.
- Before you enter and pay, please ensure you are able to play. No refunds or credits will be offered.
- Be aware that each event has been set up with an exact number, and any no-shows will have a negative knock on effect for all other players in that sub-division.
- If you are sick before or on the day of the event, please contact the organizer as soon as possible in case there are players on the wait list that can take your place.
- Weather may cause the cancelation of an event. We will use our best judgment on whether an event should go ahead or not. If we start an event, we will do everything possible to complete it.
- BG Tennis will notify players if an event is cancelled. Players should not make any assumptions that events have been cancelled unless informed by BG Tennis.
- If we do cancel, we will reschedule and your entry fee will be credited for the next event.
$35 Registration Fee