Sun, May 19|
Location is TBD
Yellow Ball Event - Deadline 5/8/19
Yellow ball players. Regular format and scoring will be used. Format for matches either timed matches (40 mins) or full sets.
Time & Location
May 19, 2019, 11:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Location is TBD
About the Event
Summary (details are below)
- This match play is intended to benefit players in our programs.
- Age groups are not being used for the different events. For example Green Dot ball players can be older than 11 years of age.
- Players will be placed in sub-divisions of 8 players based on their level of play. Each sub-division will be an individual event.
- The goal is for players to play 3 matches during their event. Each event will have an overall winner, runner up and consolation winner.
- Each event has limited spaces to ensure that we have the right number of players and subdivisions. If the event is full we may have to close early unless we feel it possible to accommodate more players.
- Boys and girls will compete against each other in most events. We may consider splitting up for yellow ball events.
- We will contact you prior to the event to confirm exact location and other relevant details a few days before the match play event. See below for locations we will be using.
- Format is listed on each event but may be amended based on court availability.
- Deadline for entries is Wednesday May 8th 2019.
- BG Tennis gives first refusal to players within the programs that have signed up for these events. If there is space, organizers may allow other players to sign up. The programs are BG Tennis programs, Arbor Greene program and Tampa Palms program.
- Players need to have the ability to play match play. Very young or inexperienced players need to be able to keep score and call their own lines with very limited supervision.
- The sites that we are planning to host at are Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club, Arbor Greene and The Ridge at Wiregrass Ranch. We may use courts at Estancia at Wiregrass and / or Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club and /or Hunters Green Golf & Country Club if the need arises.
- You will be informed a few days in advance which location you will be playing at. You will remain at this location for the duration of your event.
- BG Tennis will use a format of match play suitable for the level of player. It will also take into consideration the amount of courts available and supervision.
- BG Tennis intends to make all players / programs aware of the match play format ahead of time, so you get time to practice the format. We do however, reserve the right to make alterations based on circumstances that arise either before or during the event.
- BG Tennis intends to place players in sub divisions of 8 players based on level of play. This will keep similar levels together and ensure fair competition amongst players.
- It is possible that each event will have a group that does not have 8 players. In this case we will arrange a different format of play.
- To register for an event, a player needs to go online to BGTennis.net and click Match Play. Pick correct event and complete Registration Information. They need to pay the $35 entry fee online and get an emailed receipt of successful registration. Leading up to event, players will receive information that they need to know. This includes exact location and time of event as well as format of match play.
- Before you enter and pay, please ensure you are able to play. No refunds or credits will be offered.
- Be aware that each event has been set up with an exact number, and any no-shows will have a negative knock on effect for all other players in that sub-division.
- If you are sick before or on the day of the event, please contact the organizer as soon as possible in case there are players on the wait list that can take your place.
- Weather may cause the cancelation of an event. We will use our best judgment on whether an event should go ahead or not. If we start an event, we will do everything possible to complete it.
- BG Tennis will notify players if an event is cancelled. Players should not make any assumptions that events have been cancelled unless informed by BG Tennis.
- If we do cancel, we will reschedule and your entry fee will be credited for the next event.
$35 Registration Fee
$35 for 1 player